Anyways, just as I was about to clean up I noticed just how much pulp was left in the "garbage" section of the juicer.
I remebered when I tried to make the juice before with a blender how I steamed the fruit and veggies and added water - making a kind of apple-carrot sauce. So I put the pulp in a pot added water (to revirgorate it). to make it again.
Then the idea of making a cake came to mind.
I put some of the sauce aside and saved the rest for my experiement.
While I was tossing in igreidients I thought to look at the ingridients of those Odowala granola bars (all natural mucho tastey). In the end I made my own version of them.
Suprisingly enough...Their good!
-good way not to let so much go to waste when you use the juicer
- Carrot & Apples pulp
- add water to the pulp. Make it somewhat thicker than apple sauce
- 3 Cloves (I doubt the cloves made any difference but I tossed it in because I love the way they smell)
- Teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- Crisp rice
- Luckily I had to go to walmart for something so while I was there I thought I would get a little box of rice crispies but I ended up finding a bag of Puffed Brown Rice for only 76 cents. Can't beat that!
- Splash of Cranberry juice
- Baking Soda (I'm gonna say it was a little more than 1/4 teaspoon?)
*Consistency should be thick but not too thick, meh you know how it should look. lol
Put it on a baking sheet and with a spoon shape it/ flatten it. (Not too flat, maybe like...1/4 -1/2 inch.)
Preheat Oven to 375. Bake time: 50-55 min... or an hour to be safe. (or..longer. lol)
Usually when I try to make cakes the inside is always so damn mushy, even when you do that stupid toothpick test. Luckily Granola bars are thinner. Yes their softer but its ok. Granola bars come soft. lol
I love biting into the rasins. mmm but you can toss whatever you want in those babies .have fun with it!
update: my grandma who is upfront and honest about things said she liked it too!
I'm so excited I get to blog my first recipe! :P
(damn. I cant figure out the Lj cut thing again...rrr!)